Sunday, February 28, 2016

A "Terrible" Thing...

Photography is a "terrible" thing, indeed. Once we are hooked up, it's an almost impossible thing to run away from.

I still remember one special day, some 20 years ago (23 years, to be exact) when I saw one photo I had shot with a small compact film camera. It was a photo of a small fisherman's boat, in the middle of a silvery river, with reflections of sun light all over the place. 

I got hooked up. Addicted. I still am. 

Like most of us, I am a self taught amateur photographer.  The little I know I have learned reading photography magazines, back in the 90's. So, I am missing a lot of knowledge in what photography is concerned. But I'm still learning. Hey, I'm here for the fun!

Wherever I go, I see photos. It is a passion that I share with Sami and Eva.  And this passion will make me write here in this blog, from the point of view of a common guy that loves his hobby.

We'll see how it turns out.

See you!

Orlando N

5 comments:

  1. Unless you still print your captures, it has at least became much cheaper addiction, thanks to digital photography =D

    Except... Cameras have become much weaker, getting easily broken. Not to mention how fast they become out-of-date, when better cameras, and computers to edit and represent pictures are made on yearly bases.

    For example at YouPic community users are asked to upload 2048 pixel wide image in case they wish to get their possibly winning contest shots published as a "cover photo". If I edit the pictures, taken with my pocket cameras, to that size, the lousy quality of small sensor cameras becomes way too obvious.

    So, this is indeed a terrible hobby! Making one to, not only take more pictures, but also buy better equipments! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true.
      I remember in the days of film how expensive it was to print the photos!

      Luckily, I have been able to sell my old gear in order to buy the new one - except for my last acquisition. And this one was outdated 30 days after I bought it!

      As I say to a few pro photographer I know, the only things I get from photography is fun... and expenses!

      Delete
  2. Very nice post and a habbit we have got. Everywhere we go we will meat competitions and people trying really hard to get in to be popular One night I was sittning down really looking at the pictures in youpic. After a little while I said hmmm...aha....oh .... And yes well ...we are doing really good.We have fun and we smile and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva, you're right.

      There's no sense in uploading absolute crap just to get an higher level of popularity. It doesn't make us better.

      I just upload photos that I am pleased with, and hope others will positively criticize my photos. That way I have fun and learn a bit more, every day.

      So, yes, we are doing fine!

      Delete
    2. Indeed we are doing fine in a happy group

      Delete