Sunday, March 13, 2016

A less successful story

             



Greeting Spring



I tend to go and greet the  Spring.
This is by going to a lake
just outside our city.
Where the Swans lands to eat and rest,
A true sign of spring.

Some years ago.
Some boys had shot a serie of fireworks in this place.
4000 Swans flew into a panic. That year the greeting was not as we thought.
When I arrived many swans had returned but
far from all.

I was  starting to shoot and suddenly
something happend. Everyone was looking at me
then complete mess, birds screaming
running, flying at each other and in a matter of
seconds  the birds were gone. There I stood
alone with the angry bird watchers, who
everyone wanted to give  me a hard lesson  ....

My camera gave away
a sound of ratatatata ..... and the  flash went off
I had forgotten to set the approximate
values, and I forgot to turn off
the automatic flash. The photos I took  became
 a yellow disaster. I have turned them into
B/W to see if it is something to keep.
be something to keep. So tell me what you think ....

These days I never forget my own misstakes, (Just  about every day)
 I set the camera on approximate values  before I enter the ground
so I dont have to be killed by birdwatchers
The birds can fly I am stuck on the ground.
All alone with the birdwatchers .

We make misstakes and by the time they also might give us a great laughter and we learn I hope you will enjoy ...

4 comments:

  1. This is a great story!
    I laughed to tears, picturing the situation!

    After that, did you run away from the Bird People ? =D

    I once spent a few hours shooting with my camera set to Art/Diorama mode. Great colours, but only in the computer I noticed that only the central area was in focus, even with small apertures. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very quietly left the scene and hoping not to be recognized the coming year. It is sometimes a surprise what comes out of the different setting lol

      Delete
  2. Accidents do happen, no matter how hard we do try to avoid them ;-) And do we learn from them? Yes, probably not to do the same mistake. But hey, people are so creative to come up with new mistakes... =D

    But I think the second black and white version of the shots you got Eva, is good! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we can be deadserious ,do the work and it ends like a big failure. Thank you Sami

      Delete