Sunday, April 3, 2016

I use to greet every flower in the morning



About Flowers



It became a ritual , from early spring till late autumn I wanted to keep them all in my memory.

To compare from one year to the next.
I started to take pictures, I became more and
more picky.

I found a book it became a kind
of bible for me I use it when I forget or cant
find out how whenever I need a word on the road "Digital Photography" written by Scott Kelby.

After some good advise, easy thoughts, I started all over
again. Some of the advise was not my cup of tea, but
it made me understand the way. To bring  patience
tripod or something to stabilize the camera,
it is enough with a small shaking flower....

The tripod was fast forgotten ......too much
no sport .... The advise I took to my heart is.

Make sure you take the photo with a small
angel and from the side.  Think about the light
and that you can see the bottom of the flower
giving a deep feeling.The last thing but ever so important
The setting F 3.5 -- 8.0 the rest is a matter of taste ...

When I think about this the process of learning
is for the rest of my life ....
Just a small word with thousands of ways how to do ...


Just a little something .....

4 comments:

  1. Yes, small/low angle is the best for flowers. Sometimes also against light may work.

    Oh how I miss my old Canon G12 and fully rotating display! That helped a lot when shooting flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed I understand you miss that camera. The G12 is or was a lot better than the one I have got. The display is very nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shooting flowers isn't my cup of tea. I'm lousy at it, and I never get them well like you do, Eva.

    Besides the technical details, the gear can help. And in this casae, the rotating display is awesome. It's the feature I miss most from my G12. My Oly only has a swivel display. It's ok, but...

    So, I'll try to keep away from flower shooting. I suck at it, so why keep trying ??? =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, nice post, Eva.
    Beautiful flowers with a nice story.

    ReplyDelete