Sunday, April 10, 2016

Street Photography...

42mm, f/11, 1/80, ISO 400
I really like street photography.
And top photographers make it look so easy.
So, if you have the right settings on the camera, it should be easy:

- you see it;
- you focus;
- you shoot.

That's it.

Well, that's hardly it.

This is me:

"- Hey, a cool scene. This will look great..."
"- Wait, wait, he's/she's/they are looking my way..."
"- I'm gonna get in trouble. I'll wait until they look away..."
"-Wait..."
"-Wait..."
"-Move away, you little §£@ €/#?$!%&!, you're ruining the shot!"
"- Wait a little longer..."
"- Waiiiiit... "
"- Damn! They're going away! Damn! "

A missed oportunity.
Simply, for now I just don't have the guts to stick a lens right in the face of other people. I know I could use a longer lens and shoot from far away, but that's not what I like to see. Just love a wide angle lens effect!

So I feel like I'm the King of Lost Oportunities, but I'm sure I'm noth the only one.

See you!

Orlando N




9 comments:

  1. Very nice post and oh I can see you waiting there and I can find myself in that situation lol.. And the picture is very nice I think you nail it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree =) Very interesting composition that works. The lines on ground and background are leading the gaze.

      Delete
  2. It seems to me if I was to live from photography, I would die of starvation!
    Nonetheless, we have fun while shooting our cameras. That's about it... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed that is the thing. We can smile be happy and shoot ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought 'Street photography' is about shooting streets, not the people... =P

    Anyway, surely not my cup of tea =D I gladly leave that to professionals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. That means "Avenue Photography" needs a medium format camera? Avenues are larger than streets! =D

      Anyway, you should give it a try. It won't bite... 😆

      Delete
    2. Hmm... Then I need to choose "alley photography". More suitable for pocket cameras =)

      Delete
  5. By the way... I didn't know there's an option to give image caption. Very useful!

    ReplyDelete